Wednesday, April 22, 2009

22 April 2009 - Eaton's CoC #3.5 GOES DOWN!

I got all pumped up watching the video on Adam's latest blog entry (be sure to check that out here), and decided to give a few grip feats a whirl. I ripped a deck of Hoyles and gave Eaton's CoC #3.5 a few attempts. The card tearing isn't my best grip feat (when I can notch a deck and make it look easy, I'll roll the camera), so I didn't video the it; but, here's a pic:

These cards are easier than Bicycle's; but, they're slippery as hell - making them feel a bit tougher than they really are.

I was feeling it after the cards. I knew I had to give Eaton's CoC #3.5 a whirl! I think John told me the gripper cal'ed at 170lbs. I have to apologize for the shotty video work - I don't have an ideal set-up...and, I'm just not that good at it. Here's my first attempt:


Everything felt solid - I just didn't have it on this one. I was about 1/16" out - just like my first run in with this gripper in NY. I felt like I had a bit more in the tank, so I gave it one more try:

Certainly not the most dominant gripper close I've ever had; but, that thing was shut nonetheless! A HUGE thanks to Eaton for lending me this gripper! I'm going to keep training with it until I can close it any and every time I pick it up.

Chest tonight - watch for the update later/tomorrow.

Goody

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Nice! - That's one hell of a close.

scaleweight said...

Nice work Goody!!!!
Keep at it.

odin said...

Wow, that didn't take long! Nice.