Tuesday, December 16, 2008

...it's been a while.

Blah, blah, blah. Work is busy. Blah, blah, blah. No excuses for not posting. Stain on me. I've been squeezing in some decent gym time in the last few weeks. Minimal formal grip workouts, a few gripper crushes here and there, but nothing major to report on that front. I can still smash Eaton's CoC #3 and pull both 42+lb. blobs. I have to get moving on the grip stuff, I don't want the big-boy blob to make a bitch out of me again!

I've been structuring my workouts to hit squat, bench, and deadlift each week. With a few supporting lifts for each movement on that respective training day. I've been pushing hard to get my strength back, so I've been trying to hit the weights heavy - in the 5 X 5 range. Workouts look like this: warm-up, moderate set, and right into the heavy stuff.

Here's where I am:

Squat - 405, 5 X 5

Incline Bench - 95lb. Dumbbells, 5 X 5

Deadlift - 405, 5 X 5

Tonight was my first 405 squat night and it felt good. My knees and back felt solid and tight, so I'm happy. I'll go up to the 100lb. dumbbells this week on the incline and see how it works out. I'm a little frustrated with my deadlift, I missed 455 last week and I felt like I should have puled it fairly easy. I just need more work.

On a great note - Jedd and Eaton went 1 and 3 in the Gripmas Carol, respectively. Jedd set the US record in the two-hand pinch at 246lbs. MONSTROUS! What can I say about Eaton? The guy trains when the mood moves him and he's still on the podium. Gotta love him!

Goody

No comments: