Thursday, May 7, 2009

6 May 2009 - Workout Washout

I hate posts of this nature. I wish I didn't have lousy workout days - I think everyone shares this sentiment. I felt fine all day...until I started squatting.

Shoulder Pre-Hab (L/R)
-Rotator Cuff Work - 5lbs
-Front/Mid/Rear Delt Work - 5lbs

Triceps/Wrist Warm-Up (L/R)
-Overhead Triceps Extensions - 45lbs
-Wrist Flexion/Extension/Adduction/Abduction - 20lbs

Squat Warm-Up
-BW Good-Mornings X 20
-BW Squats X 20
-Bar Good-Mornings X 20
-Bar Squats X 20

Squats (Low Bar, Wide Stance)
-135 X 3
-185 X 3
-225 X 3
-275 X 3 (Wrist Wraps)
-315 X 3 (Wrist Wraps)
-365 X 3 (Wrist Wraps)

I just stopped. I felt 100% terrible. I'm not sure I can bring to words the feeling. I had my wrist wraps and I really focused on getting my shoulders loose prior to the squats, and everything up top felt great. 365lbs felt like the entire world on my shoulders last night. I don't know what was going on. My form felt great, my depth felt great, I guess I just didn't have it in the tank? Who knows?

I am let down but I am not discouraged. I will squat next week and I'll nail it. I'm going to use this experience to increase my focus. Time for a head check.

Goody

No comments: